Added Jul 20, 2014
♫ ♪ Sunday
I have finally made a maxi dress! If I’m not wrong, last maxi dress that I have made was my prom dress, a long long time ago.. The pattern is #121 from Burda 04/2014..
For this maxi dress I used fabric from the remnant bin.. I was lucky to go to the fabric store just when they added new fabrics to the remnant bin and pick 3-4 pieces of this fabric, enough for the dress I had in mind, and to be left with more of it for some other project.. The fabric is rayon and drapes nicely.. For lining I used white cotton.. I didn’t have enough of it for the whole dress, so everything but the skirt is lined.. I was lazy to cut and sew the waist tie.. The dress has a good shape without it.. Elastic is doing a good job..
Only thing I had to improve was adding elastic thread to the sides of the bust pieces.. The fabric there is cut on bias, so it doesn’t stand close to the body as it should.. With elastic thread everything is perfect.. There’s also a minor mistake I’ve made sewing the button loops.. The upper one is the smallest, and they gradually are getting bigger.. The result is a bit irritating, but I can live with that.. There’s a lot going on with other details and the print of the fabric.. It’s not like everyone will notice it, except seamstresses with good eye..
For info and photos you can visit my blog ..
- Behind the camera