Summer Sewing Challenge- Button front Bustier dress
Added Aug 4, 2012
Eureka Springs, ...
I LOVE this dress. It’s structured, but not so much that I can’t wear it casually, and it’s perfect for the extreme temperatures that we’ve been experiencing this summer in Arkansas.
I used Burdas bustier top as the bodice for this dress. A few adjustments were made to the cup, making them smaller, and changing the shape slightly. I also added to the front placket so that I could easily add buttons.
The skirt is a basic A-line with front and back darts. A placket was added to this, again for the buttons. I also added a small slanting patch pocket to the back (which I absolutely love).
The dress has been stitched and serged throughout. I top stitched most of the seams as well. I felt like it helped to define the features of this dress.
The fabric is vintage denim that came along with the house we bought a few years back (score!). The buttons were from my grandmas button jar.
Vintage denim, buttons, thread