Added Aug 6, 2012
Well, it’s midnight and I finally finished. I’m likely too late but I worked so hard to get this finished today that I’m going to put up my bad pictures anyway! Nothing like trying to take pictures in a mirror (the hubby fell asleep watching old episodes of Mulder & Scully) at night. But I’m done! (Cue the silly dance!)
I made a few changes to the Heidi Dress pattern in making this. I took 4 inches off the length, and 3.5 inches off the sleeve (I have broad shoulders and do best with sleeveless or long sleeve). I split the bodice pleats and did two per side in the front and back, as per Living in Color’s suggestion.
I used a red cotton lawn for the main fabric and a light blue lawn with printed lawn strips for the belt. The belt! I love the belt but it took all my spare time to complete it last weekend hence the rush to make the dress this weekend.
I love the dress and I’m so glad I made it! I’ll add good pictures to my blog (poldapop.blogspot.com) tomorrow, but I couldn’t go to bed without putting something up here.
cotton lawn for dress, lining, and belt.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.