Added May 19, 2014
Penticton , Canada
This is a fun pattern. Its the Sonja dress as found on the burdastyle website. I have been wanting to try to make a peplum top. Here is my version. I used a seersucker material with fine silver threads. Perfect for summer. I added the lining which was a great find. Its a taffeta which also has such a nice weave; it looks like the bark of a tree. Kinda hard to see in the photo. I think I needed to add lining as facing is too see through with this application. Also to finish it as best as I could, I made some bias tape in the same material of the shell.
It really came together. I think I am ready now to try cutting and sewing my more expensive materials. I still found this project helpful as I can’t seem to get enough practise with fit and with zipper applications
to lining. I sometimes sew the shell to the lining.
It is really funny because I do it all the time!
cotton seersucker & taffeta for lining. Zip -regular style applied in invisible method.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.