Added Jul 29, 2014
Nedre Vats, Norway
Finally I found the right fabric for this dress! It is a lovely, light cotton with embroidery and I knew that this is IT! I had to carefully cut out the pieces to get the right embroidery where I wanted it to be and I’m really happy how it turned out :) I have used cotton voile on bias as lining for the top and polyester stretch for the skirt without gathering. The dress is based on pattern #101 Burda 02/2011. I have made a top of this pattern before, and I do love the cap sleeves.
Cotton with embroidery, cotton voile and stretch polyester as lining.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.