Added Sep 5, 2011
I’ve had this fabric since last summer. I finally made a dress before we went on our hols this year! Its a combination of two patterns. One very old New look Pattern for the basic shape and sizing and then the Mccalls pattern for the neckline and front bodice. I did start out making the Mccalls dress, but it has loads of pleats in the front and it made me look pregnant. (!) So I scrapped that idea and got out the New Look pattern for the lower half of the dress.
I’m really pleased with this one. ( and i managed to line it)
cotton from Ditton fabrics, brighton
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.