Added Aug 9, 2012
I sewed this dress in 2 different fabrics.
The first version I made in a light polyester which was very frustrating to work with. The fabric frayed very quickly and I also had trouble with the zipper.
The second version I made out of a light linen and I decided to make it one size smaller. I made an adjustment to the sewing directions and put in the zipper earlier than indicated. I was very happy with the finished result and this is the version I wore.
1) Lightweight polyester
2) Handkerchief linen
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.