Added Aug 17, 2008
London, United K...
My first Burdastyle dress. Initially created as a dress to just knock around in, but turned out much nicer than I was expecting.
I was hindered by pesky slippy fabric, and then finding I didnt have enough to make facing and that it was fairly see-through anyway so would require lining in its entirety! I added some velvet ribbon to break it up a little and help hold the lining in place.
Pattern was quite easy and well fitting, but the length of the zip suggested was 60cm – massive! I went for an 18" one and it was plenty long enough. I shortened the length a fair bit too (initially due to lack of fabric) but still found it too long, so took it up even further!
1m remnant of yellow fabric, origin unknown – feels nice though, cotton lining and velvet ribbon from Grandma.
Sewing & Techniques
Watch this free tutorial on how transform your basic skirt pattern into a flowy A-line silhouette!
Pattern of the Week
Turn down this jacket’s deep shawl collar for the illusion of a coat that slips off the shoulder!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.