Added Jun 22, 2013
I wanted to start practicing with some basic clutches before moving on to my “main” project which will be a clutch to go with the dress I’m wearing for my sister’s wedding. This particular project was based on the “pintuck clutch” pattern from this website, and it is the very first thing I did with my new sewing machine!
While manipulating the fabric that I chose (a polyester blend) I realized that it was difficult to maintain the correct shape and a straight line when cutting out the pattern, perhaps a cotton fabric would work better for this particular shape. Although I must say I like how the pleated edges turn out!
Also, the initial intention was to use thick interfacing to achieve a more rigid look, but I chose to leave it out and just use the pattern to practice. I will use the interfacing in my next project!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.