Added Jun 22, 2013
I wanted to start practicing with some basic clutches before moving on to my “main” project which will be a clutch to go with the dress I’m wearing for my sister’s wedding. This particular project was based on the “pintuck clutch” pattern from this website, and it is the very first thing I did with my new sewing machine!
While manipulating the fabric that I chose (a polyester blend) I realized that it was difficult to maintain the correct shape and a straight line when cutting out the pattern, perhaps a cotton fabric would work better for this particular shape. Although I must say I like how the pleated edges turn out!
Also, the initial intention was to use thick interfacing to achieve a more rigid look, but I chose to leave it out and just use the pattern to practice. I will use the interfacing in my next project!