Suit Variation -- Simplified Steffi
Added Jan 13, 2009
I made this suit jacket for the Suit Variation Contest using the Steffi pattern. The skirt and blouse will be posted soon! There are too many pictures to do them all at once :)
This jacket took something like 20 hours to complete! Crazy! I had about 1 1/2 weeks to do this, because of Christmas presents! It was really a challenge, but fun to do! Next suit I will give myself more time :)
Every seam inside is finished- using my imitation serger stitch. The entire piece is lined/faced. I wanted to make something I will be able to wear professionally, and since I’m an engineer, it couldn’t be too artsy.
- for interest, I added a band around the neckline (which gave me tons of trouble!)
- shortened 1.5″ in order to go a little better with the high waist on my skirt (it may not be quite short enough in fact)
- used the sleeves from the Eva jacket, although they were altered to account for the lower shoulder seams in this pattern (also they were shortened which meant eliminating the cuff)
- fully lined
See my blog for more info.
80% wool, 20% rayon (I think)- black with a loose twill weave… makes it very prone to unraveling
burdastyle for the steffi pattern! i love it!