Added Dec 3, 2010
Fort Collins, Co...
I started on this project a while ago when I found the materials that were almost exactly like the official pictures. However moving and work got in the way. But I finally finished. There is a base layer of a petticoat and bloomers. I could not tell from the dolls design if the top undergarment was a chemise or maybe one full length garment with the bloomers. So I made a corset with a gathered front for the “poof” effect. The petticoat was my first attempt and I feel the skirt needed more flare. Next time I will double the layers of a petticoat. The blouse had to be modified since i gained some muscle weight, so there are extra closures that were not intended. And I did not have time to finish the boots. Overall, I think I am mostly satisfied with the way it turned out.
Navy/black taffeta, matte white poly satin, organza, ribbon
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.