Success rate improving
Added Nov 6, 2012
Sydney Again., A...
I’ve just made a bunch of things and the fail to success ration is greatly improving.
Of the ten items I’ve sewn in the last few weeks I expect I’ll wear about 8 of them.
The top is a recent Burdastyle pattern and it came out quite well. I just made another in navy blue with a couple of fitting alterations. The top section is made tighter.
If you make it, beware, its LONG. I’m 5"8’, I didn’t add seam allowance on the bottom and I still had to shorten it 6cm. I changed the sleeves to short as we are pretty much into summer.
I also did a little band around the neck edge instead of facing.
Pants are a Burda pattern, they are almost a good fit after alot of previous toiles.
It still kind of goes up my butt a little! A bit more tweeking is required.
Top: Lovely white orbit stretch from Tessuti’s. It’s fab material and lasts really well.
Pants: Red stretch twill from Denver fabrics.