Added Jul 12, 2012
For my newest garment I decided to make a dress using some great knit fabric I bought from Girl Charlee. I didn’t use an actual pattern for this dress, but instead traced a perfectly fitting dress…an idea I got from Tally’s Treasury. Since my dress is striped I took the time to line up all the stripes so the endd results would be great…and it was sooo worth the extra time! I added side bust darts to get rid of gaping. To finish the neck and armholes i attached a band of fabric. The neck still gaped so I turned the band down instead and secured it with Stitch Witchery. For the hem I turned up and inch and then used Stitch Witchery to hold it, instead of sewing the hem. I also used a new technique and added side seam pockets following this great tut from Tally’s Treasury.
Since I bought two yards I had a little over 5/8 of a yard left over and I just had to make me a skirt. I did a simple a-line cut and added side seam pockets. I attached elastic for the waistband and left the hem unfinished.
Two yards, two garments!!
and of course you know where you can find full project details…over on the blog!
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.