Added Oct 26, 2009
A big thick curtain I made to help block out light, sound and cold in a room downstairs (fear not, the wallpaper will be coming OFF! Although the room is not finished, at least the curtain is!
I had a bit of trouble with the tabs, as I had wanted to make buttonholes in each one, but my buttons were too large for the button foot – this meant that the largest one-step buttonhole was just a bit too small, and also I could not sew the buttons on using the machine, I had to do them by hand. If anyone can give me any ideas how to tackle that situation next time round, I’d be very grateful!
In the end, I sewed the back of the tabs to the curtain, and then used velcro to secure the fronts. But it looks real, I think! Lovely heavy weight fabric, but it doesn’t like sitting for too long and so I had to iron it quickly when I had finished, in order that it didn’t crease too much before being hung. By the way, if it looks like the hem is a little uneven it’s because the curtain pole is just resting on it’s holder for the time being and needs to be fixed with the end bits.
I am very happy with the end result and let’s hope that the curtain does its job :)
Heavy weight polyester mix, thread, buttons, invisible hem foot
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.