Added Feb 7, 2011
A simple dress made from 1m of strawberry-printed cotton.
This is my latest dress produced from my ‘Project De-Stash’! The contour bust pattern is brilliant, and it’s free too, so a big thank you to miasu! It was a tad too big for me, but that was easily solved by itaking the side and centre back seams in. I wasn’t working with much fabric, so I made teeny-tiny pleats in the remaining skirt material. I finished it off in an afternoon. Don’t you love those quick little projects?
In hindsight, I should have lined the bodice instead of using bias binding to finish the top seam off. I’d love to get some more fabric to make a fuller skirt, because at the moment it’s too difficult to run around in! I spied the same fabric in my local sewing store, and I’m keeping a close eye on it in case it comes on sale :)
You can read the unabridged version on my blog: The Forty Acre Wood
Cotton, invisible zipper, thread
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.