Added Jul 9, 2014
♫ ♪ Still Life
When I was in a phase of dyeing fabrics, I wanted to dye this floral print into mustard yellow.. The cotton fabric was find from remnant bin, only about 1m of length.. Originally white dominated the print, with red and black as other colors.. I made a mistake while buying the textile dye, I liked the color on the package, ignoring the color name – orange.. Once again I used Deka L textile dye , dyed the fabric and some cotton eyelet trim in washing machine.. I was a bit surprised when I saw the bright orange outcome.. I love orange, and it looked better than before..
Before dyeing the fabric, I had a plan to make a kind of baby-doll dress, combining the black cotton for bust part and floral fabric for skirt.. The pattern used for bust part is #118 from Burda 06/2010.. The skirt is just gathered.. I also added the eyelet trim.. Thought it would be a nice touch..
You can look at more photos on my blog ..
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.