Added Dec 2, 2010
This was my costume for Halloween 2010. As a new wife I thought that it would be really funny, plus all of my coworkers know that my homemaking skills are practically the opposite :)
There are some strings poking out because I didn’t do a lining, and I was running WAY behind (I woke up at 4am that morning to finish it)
The apron was free-handed and surprisingly came together in about 20 minutes.
The dress pattern was great, but it’s A LOT of clevage. I was going for that for the costume’s sake, but it was borderline too much for work. I used the dirndl skirt pattern from Sew U: Dresses by Wendy Muliln since the front was going to be covered by the apron. I also didn’t have time to add in the petticoat. I also left off the sleeves because of the time issue and that the material i used didn’t have that much stretch to it and the sleeves were a bit tight.
Next year I’m going to have to start earlier!
Stiff Purple Satiny Material
Green Quilting Cotton (Circuit Board)
Teal Sash reused from Bridesmaid Outfit & Muslin (Apron)
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.