Added Dec 2, 2010
This was my costume for Halloween 2010. As a new wife I thought that it would be really funny, plus all of my coworkers know that my homemaking skills are practically the opposite :)
There are some strings poking out because I didn’t do a lining, and I was running WAY behind (I woke up at 4am that morning to finish it)
The apron was free-handed and surprisingly came together in about 20 minutes.
The dress pattern was great, but it’s A LOT of clevage. I was going for that for the costume’s sake, but it was borderline too much for work. I used the dirndl skirt pattern from Sew U: Dresses by Wendy Muliln since the front was going to be covered by the apron. I also didn’t have time to add in the petticoat. I also left off the sleeves because of the time issue and that the material i used didn’t have that much stretch to it and the sleeves were a bit tight.
Next year I’m going to have to start earlier!
Stiff Purple Satiny Material
Green Quilting Cotton (Circuit Board)
Teal Sash reused from Bridesmaid Outfit & Muslin (Apron)
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.