Added Jan 7, 2012
Castro Valley, U...
I’m calling this my “Stash Blouse” because it was made from materials, and supplies that were in my sewing stash. The back and center front were cut from a super soft doe skin ultra-suede I had left from a shirt I had made. Because there wasn’t quite enough of the ultra-suede to cut a whole garment, I incorporated a piece of cotton floral from my vintage (1970’s) fabric stash.
I used Simplicity pattern 2191 for this project. The pattern includes sizes for A, B, C, & D cups, so no adjustments were necessary. The only modification I made was to eliminate the back zipper, and use an elastic loop with a pearl button from my button jar.
The embroidery is a combination of a machine pattern, and free motion machine embroidery. The original pattern was small, with just a few flowers and one stem. I enlarged the pattern and added more flowers and stems.