Added Dec 19, 2013
I had a piece of cotton lawn in my stash, with a meadow pattern. I thought it would be enough for a dress, so I chose the pattern, cut the skirt part and then it started…..
I used the same pattern as for the November Sky checkered dress (heavily modified Burda patterns for dress #108 from Burda 10/2013 and 005A skirt from Burda Classic.
I had to do some serious thinking and measuring and adapting the pieces of pattern, because with each piece I had smaller and smaller amount of fabric to cut from. Finally I had to divide pieces into smaller pieces and sew them together, lucky me this print is very busy and you cannot see most of the connecting seams. I made it! o
While choosing project I keep trying to find some new things to learn and new techniques to try out. This time I chose piping and I’m happy I did because first, I tried it and it’s not that difficult as I thought, and second, the print on the fabric is so busy that the piping gave the pieces of a pattern some definition. I finished the neckline and arm openings with bias tape. I also added the piping on the back. The front has the seamline at the same place but I skipped the piping there because I’d end up with a strange yellow line across my bust.
Generally speaking, I have a relaxed Spring/Summer dress. All I need now is a warm weather to be able to wear it, please…. -~~~
cotton, piping, bias tape
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.