Added May 5, 2012
When I saw this coat on the cover of last December’s Burda, I knew I had to sew it. And so I dit. I ommitted the ruffles on the front of the coat, and made it plain and simple, to emphasize on its lovely (and unusual) shape. It was kind of tricky to put together, but I was determined to finish it, lining and all.
I wore it for about a month, because spring here lasted only that much (now it’ s too hot to wear it), but I really enjoyed wearing it. I had to refit the shoulder seams, as they were too square for me, but in the end it turned out really pretty, I think, and with a vintagy feel to it, which I very much like. Good pattern.
Blogger here: madamepelagie
I used a lovely fabric I found on sale (just 5 euros, about $5, per meter), which is 50% wool and 50% acetate, with a little hold. The lining is acetate, and the pockets are made out of a flowery cotton fabric.
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.