Added May 5, 2012
When I saw this coat on the cover of last December’s Burda, I knew I had to sew it. And so I dit. I ommitted the ruffles on the front of the coat, and made it plain and simple, to emphasize on its lovely (and unusual) shape. It was kind of tricky to put together, but I was determined to finish it, lining and all.
I wore it for about a month, because spring here lasted only that much (now it’ s too hot to wear it), but I really enjoyed wearing it. I had to refit the shoulder seams, as they were too square for me, but in the end it turned out really pretty, I think, and with a vintagy feel to it, which I very much like. Good pattern.
Blogger here: madamepelagie
I used a lovely fabric I found on sale (just 5 euros, about $5, per meter), which is 50% wool and 50% acetate, with a little hold. The lining is acetate, and the pockets are made out of a flowery cotton fabric.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.