Added Feb 28, 2010
this dress (now a top) is based on Butterick B5211, i saw this beautiful matte satin and i had to have it, knowing slippery fabric is so hard to work with….
And yap, it’s a disaster :) I unpick the hem 3 times, i tried blind hem, rolled hem, hand stitch, no matter what i do, it just looked wrong!!
at the end (and out of frustration) i decided to chop it, string a skinny elastic through it so that i can hide the funny hem. i made a rose brooch out of the scrap, i’m happy now :)
matte satin, button, elastic
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.