Added Jan 7, 2012
This is the costume I made late last summer for our community arts project at work. The theme was space and the title for the project was Universal. It is the first time I have worked with satin so I found it a challenge to say the least.
I created the pattern for the dress from a jersey parachute style dress I own and the inspiration for the cape came from a similar design fellow burda member stars made to create capes for our cast.
You can find out more about our Universal project on stars blog here: www.delicatestitches.blogspot.com
or on our organisations website here: http://www.glenmore.org/Pages/Heathlands-Eventscalender.html
Plan a weekend getaway in these sweater dresses and furry accessories.
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.