Southwestern summer Dress
Added Jun 2, 2011
This is a dress made from Quick Butterick 6528.
It’s a simple A-shape dress with a front button band and center pleat.
the fabric is a heavy-ish cotton from Dressew. I made a few alterations: I lowered the neckline a couple inches, took 3/4 inch at the side seam for a more fitted look, and shortened the skirt by 4 inches.
I used contrasting fabric for the neck band and underlap of the button band.
I also added fold-over sleeve bands in the same contrasting fabric for a more visually balanced result, traced from a different pattern (BWOF 132-02-2011).
For the inside finish, I used a technique to make french seams with in-seam pockets found on the Slapdash Sewist blog
I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, with the print being quite “heavy”, but the result is a very comfortable, fun and unique dress that I am definitely happy I made.
More details on my blog