Added Jun 24, 2009
I wanted to make a basic summery dress. I ended up basing most of it on the Bambi pattern. I tried adding more boob coverage to the top, and changed the strap style. I started with a much fuller skirt, but it looked funny so I just used the skirt shape of the Bambi. Unfortunately it came out a bit short, I’m thinking about adding a ruffle or something to the bottom. On the plus side, this is my second try at smocking and I’m kind of in love with it now!
Basic cotton with a floral print
Burda Style Videos
Help us count down our TOP 10 most popular videos and get inspired!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.