Something for the office...
Added Mar 14, 2011
I bought some very cheap hounds-tooth fabric from Spotlight recently ($6!) and decided to make a skirt based on the Burda project of how to draft your own skirt…my maths was definitely tested to the hilt and it was the first time I had made something by drafting my own pattern from measurements alone, also a first was lining the skirt!
I think it has turned out pretty well, but as I’m still getting used to taking my measurements – and I’m too lazy to make a muslin (and I don’t have a mannequin!) the waist is a bit large and sticks out a bit. Every project I learn a bit more! Apologies for my crap photographic skills in this one!
Quite a heavyweight polyester/cotton type hounds tooth fabric, and satin type fabric (a remnant found at cleg’s) for the lining.