Added Jul 20, 2010
This was a very simple project to do for a great wearable accesory.
[important: for these following instructions you will need a stretchable fabric to use instead of making a tube for elastic.]
It looks like a lot of steps, but each one is very simple.
1. cut a 20 inch diameter circle ( i reduced my to 16, cause it seemed huge.)
2. measure the circumference of your head where you want the hat to sit.
3. Cut a strip about 3 1/2 to 4 inches x length of head circumference.
(3.5. fold strip in half and iron for crease)
4. take this strip and pin raw edges to raw circle edges
5. to make the circle fit along the strip, add about 1 inch pleats all around.
6. stitch right sides together along raw edge
7. on inside of hat fold under the raw edge of strip over the unfinished inside and stitch.
And thats it! Theres not much to it, it probably took me around 20 minutes tops.
i used a spandexy fleece
for instructions use anystretchable fabric desired
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.