Added Nov 9, 2009
My attempt at Danielle pattern without sleeves. I tried to make the pattern little bigger since I’m between 44 and 46 – and I did it, to my demise.
Had to rip seams 6 times and sew them again, they didn’t quite line up every time! Also, front upper part is cut upside down, so it looks little darker than the rest.
Instead of bust darts I sewed pleats, because I couldn’t get rid of the “pointiness”.
Nevertheless, I’m very happy how it turned out. This is the only dress in my wardrobe and I love it.
velvet with elastine
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.