Added Dec 7, 2012
Earlier I made the Matthew Williamson Dress in this totally awesome Skull Fabric, and I had a little bit of extra fabric left over. I didn’t have enough to make another full garment so I decided to make something with many sections so I could panel it with another fabric. And then I found this cool mustard wool fabric in the back of the BurdaStyle fabric closet that paired great with the skull print.
For the pattern I used this edgy Double Breasted Vest pattern. I love how the lapels are in an alternate fabric! This project took me a while to finish…since I am used to sewing with spandex:) But I managed to ROCK the notched collar application! I am very happy with how this vest turned out, and I can think of so many things to wear it with. The only alteration I made to this pattern is that I used snaps instead of buttons for the front closer.
Double-faced cotton, wool