Added Jul 21, 2009
., United States
This fabric was originally going to be a tunic, but the fabric was just too pretty not to use for a skirt. I added a lining, and used a double layer of contrasting fabric at the bottom instead of folding it up because I didn’t have enough of the flower print. I also left off the two stripes at the top.
I had to take in the skirt a little, probably because I didn’t press the fabric well before I cut it, and it stretched out. It might still be just a little too big, I’m not sure.
Linen and quilting cotton
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.