Added Jun 9, 2008
I made this dress out of a summery cotton seersucker. The fabric was recently on sale for $1.99, so I figured it to be a safe way to test out a possible dress pattern for an upcoming wedding. Since cutting this out I have changed my plan but I am very pleased with the fit after very little alteration to the pattern. I was extra pleased when I was in a hurry to find a hook and eye and instead found the perfect little button. This halter style was also being tested for nursing access which proves to be very useful especially when balanced with the style quotient. May make more for summer wardrobe.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.