Added May 25, 2012
San Marcos, Cali...
This is my version of simplicity’s new steampunk pattern. It was quite a bit easier than I though t it would be. I threw this together in less than a week. I added the collar from view B to the view A bolero. I also made the bustle panel separate due to the heavy material I used, it simply would not fit in the waistband. This also makes for much easier storage. I also used steel boning in the corset, I am not a fan of plastic boning. It is an excellent base pattern for a steampunk outfit, I would definitely recommend it.
I did also make the little hat as well :)
I added a ton of pleats and lace butterfly appliques, as well as 10 full yards of braid trim.
Photos by the amazing Jerry Abuan at San Diego’s Gaslight Gathering 2
Some sort of upholstery/drapery fabric from Jo-Ann’s (I really have no idea what the content is, most likely polyester)
Cotton quilting fabric, also from JoAnn’s
Briad trim and other embellishments
Pleather for the corset
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.