Added Dec 2, 2008
Kota Kinabalu, M...
This is my second attempt at sewing actual wearable clothes. My first attempt didn’t turn out the way I wanted and is yet to be repaired. I made this simple maxi dress for my company’s annual dinner which had a 60s & 70s theme since it’s really hard to find nice fitting dresses in my size. I modified the pattern from the book slightly (opted for a A-shape skirt from the empire line down instead of the curve as drawn in the book). There are darts both in front and at the back of the dress. It has a sort of princess cut to it too. To better define the dress, I made a long sash out of the same fabric. The neck and sleeve finishing is a bit messy though. Sorry I don’t have any clearer pictures.
Japanese Cotton, Invisible Zipper
Pattern book for bridalwear by Rosita Jaafar.
Sash/Obi belt idea from http://www.craftstylish.com/item/683/one-hour-wide-belt
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.