Added Apr 14, 2008
The pattern I used is the Celestina dress, but I changed the sleeves and made it out of a two side jersey fabric – the silver belt is the back side. I omitted the zipper and the bow at the back. I think I made the neck line larger too. Maybe a bit too large… Somehow I managed to wash it wrong this week – so it shrunk (shrinking jersey is weird indeed). I guess you can call it a tunic now… I should warn you that I found the waist a bit higher as my waist in the pattern too. Next time if I use this pattern I will definitely lengthen the bodice.
Jersey of a mysterious shrinking blend – it also has the surprising quality to turn transparent when photographed with flash.
burdastyle for the great pattern
me for my washing abilities
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.