Added Dec 7, 2011
Hope Mills, Nort...
Sourcing from the basement of my grandmother’s magical home, I made this dress from your standard, run-of-the-mill, outer shower curtain. Not intentionally viewing it as basis for a dress, it sat in a storage bin in my apartment until this Summer when I REALLY needed a sewing project to cure my stress.
So, slightly basing the bodice of a lovely tight fitting dress I already had, I seam ripped the two green panels from the lovely white bit of it and slowly but surely created a dress. Simply gathering the white portion and using the liner of another dress I ripped apart earlier in my life, I created a nice, full skirt. For the bodice, I sewed the two green panels together then folded the front to my liking. The rest of the bodice is comprised of differently sized pieces of embroidered green.
I retained the upper portion containing the curtain ring holes, as well as the tag, in order to hold on to its former roots.
Thank you, dear Wal-mart.
The second to last picture made me realize that I needed to add boning. So glad I did.
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.