Added Dec 7, 2011
Hope Mills, Nort...
Sourcing from the basement of my grandmother’s magical home, I made this dress from your standard, run-of-the-mill, outer shower curtain. Not intentionally viewing it as basis for a dress, it sat in a storage bin in my apartment until this Summer when I REALLY needed a sewing project to cure my stress.
So, slightly basing the bodice of a lovely tight fitting dress I already had, I seam ripped the two green panels from the lovely white bit of it and slowly but surely created a dress. Simply gathering the white portion and using the liner of another dress I ripped apart earlier in my life, I created a nice, full skirt. For the bodice, I sewed the two green panels together then folded the front to my liking. The rest of the bodice is comprised of differently sized pieces of embroidered green.
I retained the upper portion containing the curtain ring holes, as well as the tag, in order to hold on to its former roots.
Thank you, dear Wal-mart.
The second to last picture made me realize that I needed to add boning. So glad I did.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.