Added Jul 8, 2009
First time I saw the Nora dress pattern I fell in love with it. Since I don’t have to many occasions to wear a ball dress I decided to make a short every-day version of it. After some people in the burdastyle forum recommended not to make it out of green raw silk I decided to go for this brow linen. I think this was a good decision and makes the trim to the eye catcher of this dress. On a green background it would not have been so nice.
The dress was actually easier than I thought, only the application of the trim took some time (in fact a hole evening). But I have to admit that the hem is done with my machine which luckily has this invisible hem stitch :-)
Appart from shortening the lenght of the dress, I also shortened the arms by about 3cm and I closed the front over a length of 20cm instead of 12cm with 7 hooks and eyes since I don’t like the neckline to low.
Also, the dress is not lined and no horsehairband was used for the hem.
Brown linen, green Indian embroidered trim (ebay), yellow fake silk from Indian sari (see my danielle creation), white lining for the skirt.
Vincenzo for taking the pictures.
Burdastyle for bringing out this amazing pattern