Added Feb 22, 2014
Norwich, United ...
I made this dress from the burdastyle pattern from december 2013. Because I usually have to make modifications to get the bodice to fit I muslined it in cotton and thankfully I didn’t need to change anything! Burda patterns are turning out to be my body type! Finally, I’ve found a company that makes patterns that fit me with minimum modifications! Although I did move the neckline up by about 2cm because it was a little too low for my tastes. This stretch satin is very hard to iron unfortunately, so sorry for the wrinkles.
In this project I did my first kick pleat. The instructions were confusing, but looking at other skirts of mine I could figure out how to make one, although I think I made it on the wrong side.
The boddice is interfaced to make it stiffer, and is also lined. The skirt is not lined, and I regret not lining it because the satin fabric makes a lot of static against tights, so I can’t wear tights with it. Oh well.
I wore this dress for my work christmas party. Very comfortable! I could have left the straps off though, the dress stayed up quite well before I put the straps on, but I though it would be a little too much Jessica Rabbit if I went strapless.
A nice fit for me and I might remake it one day in a different fabric.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
Member Project of the Week
Find out why this is the ultimate pool party outfit!
Fashion & Trends
Find out why seamstresses have the best lingerie...
Fashion & Trends
Stunning beaded gowns, crop tops, and everything in between.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.