Added Jun 4, 2010
I based this off of the Ute pattern. I think I executed it wrong… :( The tie-collar shouldn’t have come all the way down to the front. Oh well, I like it. :) It’s done in a sheer blue-gray material that I got for really cheap, and top-stitched in pink to match these little pink dots inside of bigger ochre dots that are on the fabric. Oh yea— I LEARNED HOW TO USE A DOUBLE NEEDLE! OHHHH YYEEEEAAAA!!! I was excited about that. I also put French seams on all of the seams and edges. Double excited that I managed to do that without getting really frustrated. The bottom hem is a bit uneven, but I like the top better tucked into my pants/shorts/skirt anyway. I don’t usually wear sleeves this puffed at the top, but I don’t mind it here. Also, the buttons are a bit hard to work, because I haven’t mastered buttonhole-making yet.
I love affordable fabric. Long live the remnant section! Four of the buttons match. The top one is the same color, so it sort of matches…
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.