September Summer Dress - Theresa Pattern
Added Sep 2, 2012
This is the first time I’ve used a Burda pattern, and I’m quite pleased with the way it turned out! I used the Theresa dress pattern as a base, but left out the ruffles and the belt. This is my second attempt at a zipper and once again I struggled with it for a long time; then I realized I had bought the wrong type (regular instead of invisible) and decided to try something totally different, and make it an exposed zipper. I’ve seen that in the shops a lot lately and really like it. I also added 2 cm to the skirt length, because I want to cycle in this dress and find knee length flatters my shape more.
Next time I think I’ll try one size smaller – the bodice is a little roomy, even though I made a muslin for the first time with this dress! Still learning…