Added Jul 31, 2014
I sized down on this dress; I find Burda projects turn out a bit large. I also didn’t add seam allowances to the pattern pieces. Even so, there was still a little bit of gaping at the neckline, so I gathered the sleeves. I also made the skirt a bit fuller than the instructions called for, because I love a full skirt. I’m extremely happy with the way it looks!
Cotton (it’s actually an old duvet cover!)-because that’s what I had in my stash. Let’s be honest, polyester does not feel great on a hot summer day. :(
-White polyester lining
-White invisible zipper
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.