Added Jun 10, 2013
I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!
I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.
Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
Fashion & Trends
See our picks for holiday parties, from brunch to a New Year's Eve bash!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.