Added Jun 10, 2013
I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!
I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.
Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.