Added Jun 10, 2013
I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!
I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.
Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
This special bundle of sewing patterns and DIYs has your wishlist covered!
This week’s new BurdaStyle Videos release is "Sewing a Thread-Chain Belt Loop." Check it out!
Comment to Win
Tell us what's on your wishlist to win this exciting software package!
Learn to combine different commercial patterns into a single garment to tailor your style and look.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.