Added Jun 10, 2013
I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!
I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.
Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch
Pattern of the Week
Everyone needs a basic and elegant blouse to wear everyday, and this one could not be easier to sew!
Find your favorite fantasy silhouette in body-skimming satin and frothy tulle.
Member Project of the Week
Jaderbug is set to stun with a sequined mermaid skirt.
Sparkling styles for every fashionista in the premiere Winter 2014 issue of BurdaStyle US!
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.