Added Jun 10, 2013
I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!
I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.
Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.