Seersucker Sonja Sundress

Added Jun 10, 2013

by carrie18584

Cambridge, Massa...

Missing

Views

1842

Img_0069_large

Description

I made Salme Sonja pattern with a blue cotton seersucker with just a bit of stretch. I finished it just in time for a beautiful weekend in Cape Cod!

I love the finished version of the dress but it fit absolutely terribly initially. I didn’t make a muslin because I was in a rush but luckily it was too big (and not too small) and I used the bodice of a pattern I knew fit to adjust the darts. Also, I had to take in the side seams a lot so that the back didn’t stick out with extra fabric. It was a pain but is very comfortable now! I wish I would have added some white piping to break up the stripes, oh well.

Material Notes

Cotton Seersucker with a bit of stretch

Difficulty

Intermediate

Categories

Season
Summer
For
Women
Garment Type
Dress
Style
Beach
Material
Cotton

3 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • 20fb33df4a0c917817bd1d9027a1ba824e4a45e1_large

    Jun 12, 2013, 12.26 PMby barbaraagatha

    I fully agree: I fear it is meant for uber busty ladies! I had to take in the side seams under the arms. A lot.

  • Dsc_0238_large

    Jun 11, 2013, 11.09 PMby byrdiesews

    Sorry you had to do so many adjustments but it ended up being very cute! Great looking Summer dress!

  • Sc20140213-172446-1_large

    Jun 11, 2013, 12.03 AMby Mary Athey

    its lovely on you x

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 1 person added it

This project is based on

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/seersucker-sonja-sundress