Added Jan 17, 2011
My first Burdastyle project and my first bikini! Unfortunately, the pattern instructions are cryptic at best, and it took me a while to figure out the back/straps/front connection. I ended up changing the top part of the back, because it just wouldn’t work out. I also changed the straps to cross over at the back, but this was just for aesthetics :) I made an additional bikini top to go with the bikini bottoms by taking my front & back measurements around the bust, basting & gathering both sides, and sewing them together (with a lining in front). I added elastic to the top & bottom of the back piece to make sure it didn’t fall off, and it seems to have worked.
I love the vintage look of this bikini. Usually I alternate bikinis on holidays, but during this summer holiday I couldn’t get myself to wear anything else!